We are on the lookout for a technically minded team member with a clear passion for problem solving to join our Service Department based at our Head Office in Swansea. You will be responsible for delivering IT support to a range of clients, resolving daily IT issues and ensuring their IT infrastructure is performing at an optimised level.
We support a range of clients throughout the UK and the successful candidate must be able to deliver support to a range of IT infrastructures. Our technical staff need to be multi-skilled, flexible and focused on delivering the highest quality service to our clients.
To join our Technical Department, relevant experience is important, but we do not expect you to know everything. Before applying, please consider whether you have the required skillset to support:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows (Server/Desktop), Apple and Linux.
- Server Roles: File Shares, DNS, Active Directory and Remote Access
- Server Applications: Microsoft Exchange, Firewalls, SQL, Backup Tools
- Desktop Applications: Microsoft Office, Office 365, Antivirus and Sage
- Networking: Routers, Firewalls, NAS and Switches
- Printers: MFP, Laser and Inkjet
- Mobile: Smart Phones and Tablets
- Domain Management: Web Hosting, FTP and DNS Records
- Email: Routing, Spam and Archiving
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager
- Enter all work as service or project tickets into ConnectWise and Labtech
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £16,000.00 to £19,000.00 /year
Please email your CV to [email protected] to apply.